Sunday, May 11, 2008

Just Riding and Untying Knots

For those of you who follow Road Show it is old news that I got a new-to-me bike. A really cool BMW 1100RS, a red one. Yeah!



Yesterday I went "just riding." Now that would seem like an obvious thing to say, but it has not been true for me for three years or so. It was always, riding for Friction Zone, riding for Road Show, riding for photography, etc etc.

Yesterday I rode three hundred miles, and did not look for pictures or material for the show or anything, I just rode. Wow.

It was like the old days. After a couple of hours things that had been muddled for months began to become clear. Sometimes that is uncomfortable because what comes clear is sometimes darkness.

At the center of my heart lies the root of all evil, the ISM. (Friends of Bill will know what I am talking about)

For example, I have become so angry. (Again if you follow the podcast you will know what I am talking about)

Also so self, centered: it took me at least 100 miles to realize that other people were involved in mothers day activities and I was out and about Doh!

I also realized how much I had been isolating. Got to see the Harley Dude!




Today we are working on getting ready to go to New Mexico and I am still grinding away on these burned feet, but I am able to get around much better so I can actually be helpful. Today I dealt with, out in the garage, the box of cords from hell that I have been carrying around for like 5 moves.

You know all those little adapters you carry around that used to go to something and you can't bear to throw it away because you might need it some day. Geez!

I cut those suckers up and saved only saved a motorcycle battery charger and a couple sets of earbuds.

No comments: