Monday, June 2, 2008

Alien Fresh

It was the first real stop on last summers fateful trip. And one that I had thought to be lost to podcasting, but moving is an odd thing. As much as a pain in the butt as it can be it can also bring unexpected treasure.

In this case the voice recorder which I took on last summers trip which I thought had been lost in the May 14 crash suddenly turned up with some of the podcast material I had recorded still intact.

Soooo.. I bring it to you now.

The Recovered Files Part 1---
----------------------------------------------------------

Alien Fresh Jerky


Baker, California May 2007

Baker, California
is probably best known as being the home of the world's tallest thermometer. It is appropriate too given the very high temperatures often recorded there.





But, on this day it was not enough to get me to stop because I had plenty of gas and a deadline to meet.

However, the sign clearly visible from I-15 advertising Alien Fresh Jerky was a reason to stop. I mean, how could I not?!



Once stopped and inside I met the very amiable Mike, who was willing to talk to Road Show. After we had talked for a while he even allowed me a bootleg picture of inside the store where the they have a strict policy of no photography.



BOOTLEG PHOTO

No comments: